Hi, my name is Katie Harris and I’m an Integrative Counsellor.
I have spent my career working in the community sector, supporting people through the many transitional stages in life, as well as family services.
My background has lead me to establishing two community counselling services supporting unpaid family carers and providing placements for trainee counsellors, however, my passion lies with one on one therapy with clients. What I enjoy most is getting to know someone at a deeper level and help them to see their own qualities. Something that can be so clear to others, but not always ourselves. To help facilitate that change is an amazing thing.
I trained in the only NHS Counselling & Psychotherapy training institute in the UK and am a Registered Member with the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP). I adhere to their Ethical Framework and my practice is guided by their core principles:
- Being trustworthy: honouring the trust placed in the practitioner
- Autonomy: respect for the client’s right to be self-governing
- Beneficence: a commitment to promoting the client’s wellbeing
- Non-maleficence: a commitment to avoiding harm to the client
- Justice: the fair and impartial treatment of all clients and the provision of adequate services
- Self-respect: fostering the practitioner’s self-knowledge, integrity and care for self
I undergo Continuous Professional Development and am currently completing a Master’s of Science in Psychology, specifically researching the relationship between attachment styles, narcissism and controlling behaviours in romantic relationships.